Sunday, February 27, 2011

It was for freedom that Christ has set us free

For several years one of my biggest struggles has been fear. It has tormented me day in and day out to the point I sometimes would have to listen to scriptures on fear, as I sleep, to be at peace. But, even then, my freedom didn't come. I wasn't living the words, "Fear not". I was simply trying to put a bandaid on my fear. However, as of a couple days ago, I truly believe God has redeemed my life from this oppression. I feel more free than I have for a long time. Hallelujah! I believe this song exemplifies how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. i think everyone fears something, I know i do... but i guess we shouldn't let it get in the way of trusting Christ. yay for freedom in Him alone! :)
    *MeMoRy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging Rebekah! and I agree with "MeMoRy." Very true! I know fear has been a big struggle for me as well! Praise Jesus! His truth is always freedom and joy! :)

    ReplyDelete