Monday, October 31, 2011

Not The Best Day Of My Life

It began ok, but as time went on, it got worse. I went to speech class at 12:00 P.M., and my instructor was not being fair at all. Our next speeches are due very soon, and they are supposed to be persuasive.  But today in class she started going off on this tangent (pretty much threatening people) that if anyone uses a speech about abortion or anything "Problematic" in her terms, then we had better have some VERY convincing proof. She said this many times to the point where I wanted to raise my hand and say, "Teacher, I shouldn't have to cater to what you believe is right, that is not what a persuasive speech is!" I decided that it wouldn't do any good, so I just remained silent, inwardly laughing and arguing over her deragatory attitude. I know she needs Jesus, and my heart aches for the pain and suffering she will one day endure for the way she has openly accused and blasphemed Jesus Christ. All I want to do is find a way to bring life into my class, but every time I try, I get shot down. That is not the way it is supposed to be. I have already decided that I will not remain silent and watch America crumble. I don't care what it takes; I am determined to do my part! The only thing is that my flesh gets involved very easily. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities of this dark world.
Jesus, help me be a witness to You! I need Your strength. I know you see my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Great post and a great blog here!!

    I'm a new follower via the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many times when I had to be silent in class and realize that even if I spoke out, it would change no one's opinion. In my experience... There's no arguing with the teacher, just send some nice prayers and energy her way and hope she eventually finds her own way onto a better path. Well, that's the way I get through it anyway. Just focus on learning / getting your degree! I mean, if it's really bothering you, stand up to her. If you will regret it for a long time, just go ahead and speak your mind!! Either way, good luck!! =)

    ReplyDelete