Monday, January 30, 2012

Why Anatomy And Physiology?

During my Junior year of high-school I tried my hand at Chemistry. Let's just say that it ended up being a survey course. I couldn't understand hardly anything. At that moment I knew I was not cut out for a Science major (not that I had been planning on it). I got through that experience with a few dictionary terms under my belt, but that was about it. When I was signing up for classes last semester at JALC, I came to the horrifying realization that I had to take a four hour lab science course. The course had to either be Chemistry or Physics. I was very fearful at this realization. However, I realized that Anatomy and Physiology would work for a four hour course as well. At that prospect, I was relieved. However, I still had fears. Now, three weeks into the course, I am trying to maintain hope. I ended up with a very interesting instructor who only gives grades from the tests. I am the kind of student that hates missing class, and I have found that attendance points benefit me well. So, when I found I would not receive any attendance points, I was quite upset. I am still hopeful, partly because I do not want to drop out, and partly because I have to pass this class. It is either A&P (anatomy and physiology) or Chemistry. I am choosing to have faith in God, and believe that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. After all, last semester I received all A's which was a complete shock and miracle.

2 comments: