Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Joys Of Growing Up In A Big Family

This Monday, I am presenting a speech in my class about living in a big family and I wanted to share my intro with all of my blogging friends.

Imagine walking into your kitchen and your little brother is zooming cars across the floor. Then you walk into the dining area and your sister is singing at the top of her lungs, and then as you are walking through the hallway you here a beginner banging away at the piano and you just want to cover your ears. This is how my house is on a daily basis. Honestly, I am used to it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tomorrow I will try to post the best part of my speech. It was when my dad locked me out of the house when I was six (on accident) because he thought I was a robber.

7 comments:

  1. We have only one child but we realize how lonely she will be if we do not have at least one more. So we are planning baby #2. Wow! It is exciting and terrifying at the same time. I give a lot of credit to women with big families. It is hard work!

    I am stopping by from the Say Hi Sunday blog hop. It is nice to 'meet' you. I hope you have a great week.

    Blessings,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha my boyfriend was an only child, and he was a master of amusing himself. His parents said he used to play baseball in a field by himself. He's hit the ball across the field, go get it, and hit it back across the field.

    Ha you sound like you were never bored! Great blog, am a new follower :).

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follow via hop hoping you will follow back at http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I'm a new gfc follower of your blog from "Say Hi Sunday":)
    http://www.savingwithsaveone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, following you via GFC from the Say Hi Sunday Hop! Love your site! Please follow me back and like me on FB. If you are interested in exchanging buttons, let me know! Debbie

    http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebekah,

    I'm a new follower from Sunday's Say Hi blog hop. I love your blog, from what I can read you are a young woman totally in love with, and surrendered to the King of Kings.

    I'm about to become a first time "mom" to 3 boys, ages 10,11, & 15 - my husband and I will be fostering them indefinitely. I'm gonna get a BIG start to a BIG family! Looking forward to reading more of your story.

    Amanda
    www.daeofourlives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a big family is fun! I know from personal experience!!! Thanks for the post friend! :)

    ReplyDelete