Friday, April 6, 2012

A Tribute To My King

Without this day, where would I be?
The day that Jesus died for me
The day he was whipped and scorned
The day he was beaten and worn
What a horrendous, yet glorious day
A day of rejoicing and a day of despair
A day of deliverance and a day filled with care

How can I repay the one who hung there
Bleeding and bruised
With passion in His eyes
He gave up His life
He didn't look back, but answered the call
The call that was sent by the God of all.

There is nothing I can do
There is nothing that can be done
Other than giving up something
And that is, what I wanted to become
Before Jesus died on that cross filled with shame
Before He gave up His spirit and remembered my name

I don't know how clear this poem really is. But, it portrays what is in my heart; a desire to please and honor Jesus, The Christ.

4 comments:

  1. That's really good, Bekah. Did you rite it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I didn't know you could write like that!! GREAT JOB, BECK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the poem that you did. That was very clear and good! Thank you for sharing.

    In Christ,
    Kayleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of your responses. Yes, I wrote the poem by myself. I sometimes feel words of inspiration sweep over me. I immediately stopped what I was doing to write this poem.

    ReplyDelete