Thursday, January 17, 2013

First (And Hopefully Final) Surgery Of My Life

I have been absent from the blogosphere for a while.  But today seemed like the best time to break the ice.  I just got out of oral surgery.  I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out.  It was the craziest experience of my life.  One minute they were putting an IV in my hand, and the next minute I was drooping and thinking, "Is it going to be rude when I fall asleep and the nurse is standing right here?"  I felt like the procedure was one minute long.  All of a sudden someone said, "Its all over!"  I couldn't quite say, at that point, whether I was dreaming or really awake.  I remember thinking, "What, we just started".  However, as time went by I realized I wasn't quite mentally or physically sound.  I pulled my hand up to my face just to make sure I could feel it.  Fortunately, I was able to walk out of the doctor's office with just some slight help from the nurse.  I wanted to say thank you, but with my chipmunk cheeks and completely numb face I couldn't utter anything understandable.  So I just kept giving a thumbs up.

P.S. There won't be any pictures for this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment